Quick hip replacement costs and facts:
- In short: Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced with a prosthetic implant
- Standard price – €6800 / £6,086;
- Length of hospitalisation: 2 nights (included);
- Performed under general or spinal anesthesia; lasts – few hours
- Minimum required stay abroad: 7 days
- Waiting time: none / very short
- Trustpilot rating (by UK & EU patients): 4.8/5. Top Clinic in Lithuania, EU
- Possible NHS / HSE refund: yes (only pay for the flight from your own pocket)
- Implants used: Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew;
The procedure is safe and it results in pain relief and increased motion.Hip replacement is the most common orthopedic surgical procedure when hip joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant. It is carried out when the hip is damaged by arthritis, fracture or other conditions that make doing everyday activities difficult. However, firstly, people have to try physiotherapy or medication, and only if that does not help – hip replacement surgery may be needed.
Most common causes that lead to hip replacement surgery: osteoarthritis; rheumatoid arthritis; traumatic arthritis; avascular necrosis.
During the surgery the damaged bone and cartilage is removed and replaced with prosthetic implant. First the femoral head is replaced with metal stem. Then a metal or ceramic ball is placed on the stem. Afterwards the damaged cartilage surface is removed and replaced with a metal socket. Lastly, a ceramic or metal spacer is inserted between the ball and the socket for smooth gliding. Even though the procedure can be performed for everyone, in most cases it is performed for people above 50.
Click here to show/hide a video about hip replacement procedure
After hip replacement abroad
You will be hospitalized in the clinic for up to 3 to let your hip recover. Afterwards, it is recommended to have rehabilitation in Lithuania as well.
Rehabilitation after hip replacement is one of the most important stages of the treatment and has to be taken very seriously.
- Our clinic (with +40 years of experience in rehabilitation) is among the very best in this.
- Our medical team makes sure your surgery was a success and you’re back on your feet as fast as possible.
- We offer all-inclusive rehabilitation packages, that can be reimbursed by NHS/HSE (as well as the surgery itself). Meaning that you will only pay for the flight from your own pocket.
After the procedure and the recovery period most people feel dramatically less or no pain at all and can get back to everyday activities without limitations. You can walk, swim, drive, hike, cycle, dance and do any other low-impact sports as well. If well cared, the hip implant lasts for many years.